PC-2016-04-22-demo » History » Version 2
Rogers, Chris, 26 April 2016 16:29
* Why is beta function reconstruction apparently not systematically different to MC?
* MC truth: particles should be the same sample as the reconstructed particles
* Detector induced error is true emittance - recon emittance
* Note statistical error that arises from beam sampling, which is not statistical error on the cooling measurement
* Statistical error on emittance change is the statistical error on sampling the scattering pdf
** In principal should pass the same beam many times through the cooling apparatus with different random seeds and look at the distribution in emittance changes