Project

General

Profile

PC-2015-05-14 » History » Revision 7

Revision 6 (Rogers, Chris, 06 May 2015 09:27) → Revision 7/12 (Rogers, Chris, 06 May 2015 09:27)

h1. Phone Call 2015-05-14 

 Analysis phone call, 15:00 BST, Thursday 14th May 2015, RAL Conference Room CR10. 

 h2. Phone Details 

 http://mice.iit.edu/phonebridge.html 

 h2. Actions 

 * ACTION    *(Pasternak/Rogers)*: determine magnetic settings routine - do we imagine "equivalent coil"? Implement iron in MAUS(!)? Run everything through OPERA? 
 * ACTION *(Rogers)*: Tolerances - controls people ask what are the tolerances on magnet current 

 h2. RLSR/MPB Actions 

 * ACTION *Rogers*: Review the requirements for accurate end-to-end simulation 
 * ACTION *Rogers*: Report, in a MICE note to the collaboration, the definitions and methods used for the determination of the betatron functions and emittances. 
 * ACTION *Rogers*: Carry out an independent review of the beam dynamics analysis 
 * ACTION *Rogers*: Define strategies to provide online feedback, quickly 

 h2. Actions following Run planning meeting 

 * ACTION *(Nugent)*: Estimate data rate with cooling channel magnets off 
 ** Still waiting on good April data - this weekend? 

 h2. Agenda 

 * Actions 
 * Issues Arising 
 * [[Physics shifts]] - volunteers needed! 
 * Field Mapping (*Victoria Blackmore*) 
 ** attachment:tracking_measured_misalignments.pdf - Chris Rogers 
 * Step IV Technical Paper 
 ** MICE Muon Beamline (*Jaroslaw Pasternak*) 
 ** Detectors (*Melissa Uchida*) 
 *** Alignment Measurement 
 *** Efficiency 
 *** Residuals 
 ** Particle ID (*Celeste Pidcott*) 
 ** Measurement of magnetic alignment (*Chris Rogers*) 
 ** Quality of transported beam (*Chris Hunt*) 
 * Step IV First Demonstration of Cooling (*Chris Rogers*) 
 * Step I Papers (*Victoria Blackmore*) 
 ** EMR paper 
 ** Pion contamination 
 * MICE Demonstration of Ionisation Cooling (*Jaroslaw Pasternak*) 
 ** Lattice close out by CM41; paper first revision soon afterwards 
 * Magnetics 
 ** Non-linear beam optics/measurement(*Rob Ryne*) 
 * Absorber and material physics 
 ** Scattering measurement 
 ** Energy loss measurement 
 ** Beam (de)polarisation attachment:analysismeeting300415.pdf 
 * Support 
 ** Batch Production (*Ryan Bayes*) 
 ** X-BOA (*Chris Rogers*) 
 ** Online Analysis Tool (*Chris Rogers*) 
 ** Trigger analysis (*Chris Rogers*) 
 * Date of next meeting 
 ** April 30th 
 ** (May 6th, VC) 
 ** May 14th 
 ** May 21st - clash with MAP workshop 
 ** May 28th 
 ** (June 4th, VC) June 4th 
 ** June 11th 
 ** June 18th 
 ** (CM 42: June 22-24) - we may want to have an analysis workshop around the CM