Phone Call 2015-03-12¶
Analysis phone call, 15:00 GMT, Thursday 12th March 2015. Note that UK is still on winter time... time zone helper
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine magnetic settings routine - do we imagine "equivalent coil"? Implement iron in MAUS? Run everything through OPERA?
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine standard magnetic settings for commissioning e.g. magnet currents for 420 mm beta in solenoid mode
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine standard beamline settings
- ACTION (Rogers): Xboa specification document
- In preparation - not ready for public yet
- ACTION (Rogers): Bring in Dobbs MAUS analysis framework to xboa?
- Posted to launchpad as https://code.launchpad.net/~scifianalysis/scifi/trunk, Rogers to review
- ACTION (Rogers/Rajaram/Blackmore): Official plots and publications pages
- ACTION (Uchida): Organise field mapping of the iron for trackers alignment check
- ACTION (Rogers): Set the desired number of good muons following trigger revamp/what are the aims/scope?
- ACTION (Rogers): Redo trigger/data rate analysis with optimised beamline
- ACTION (Rogers): Redo trigger/data rate analysis with better transverse cut
- ACTION (Rogers): Check momentum spread/momentum cut effects (what happens to the beam if we make a bigger momentum spread)
- ACTION (Rogers): Look at TOF2 trigger effect on analysis (e.g. what are the consequences if we trigger downstream of the experiment on rate?
- ACTION (Rogers): Determine effect of increased dip depth in ISIS (e.g. what are the consequences if we take more particles into the experiment? does it help?)
- ACTION (Rajaram/Rogers): Investigate as a matter of urgency technical means to optimize the trigger efficiency for ‘good’ muons, and remove dataflow bottlenecks before the Step IV run.
- ACTION (Rogers): Plan and execute a blind ‘physics analysis challenge’ in order to ensure the readiness of the whole collaboration for data analysis, early in 2015.
- ACTION (Pasternak): Ensure optimization of the beamline settings in order to preserve matching at the entrance of the ionization channel and potentially increase the number of ‘good’ muons, during the Step IV run.
- ACTION (Boyd): Include a set of measurements in a configuration with large beta functions in Step IV data taking, in order to validate the muon tracking tools for trajectories with large displacements passing through nonlinear magnetic fields, and to explore the size of the cooling system apertures.
- Issues Arising
- Planning for data taking for June run Agenda
- Analysis dashboard
- Physics shifts - volunteers needed!
- Field Mapping (Victoria Blackmore)
- Step IV Technical Paper
- Beamline (Jaroslaw Pasternak)
- Detectors (Melissa Uchida)
- Alignment Measurement
- Particle ID (Celeste Pidcott)
- Measurement of magnetic alignment (Chris Rogers)
- Quality of transported beam (Chris Hunt)
- Step IV First Demonstration of Cooling (Chris Rogers)
- Step I Papers (Victoria Blackmore)
- EMR paper
- Pion contamination
- MICE Demonstration of Ionisation Cooling (Jaroslaw Pasternak)
- Lattice close out by CM41; paper first revision soon afterwards
- Non-linear beam optics/measurement (Rob Ryne)
- Absorber and material physics
- Scattering measurement
- Energy loss measurement
- Batch Production (Ryan Bayes)
- X-BOA (Chris Rogers) voronoi_weighting.pdf
- Online Analysis Tool (Chris Rogers)
- Date of next meeting
- March 12th
- (March 18th, June data taking planning)
- March 26th
- (April 9th, MICE VC)
- April 16th, MICE Project Board, need to find someone else to chair
- April 30th
- (May 6th, VC)
Updated by Rogers, Chris about 8 years ago · 8 revisions