2018-05-09-system » History » Revision 40
System performance paper meeting: 9/5/2018 - 11am¶
5 minutes for each contribution + 30 minutes for general discussion.
|Domizia, Ludovico, Mariyan||KL||on GitHub||first draft ready|
|Francois||EMR||agreed on 4/5 pages|
|Melissa||Tracker||agreed on 5 pages: trackerPaper_from_PK.pdf|
|Chris Rogers, Melissa||Track matching||System_Performance_Paper_Track_Matching.pdf|
|Francois, Paul||Detector alignment||MICE note being reviewed|
|Chris Hunt, Joe||Magnets|
|Tom, Paolo||Target model||Target.pdf, MICE note in progress|
|Ajit, Scott||Absorber model|
|Melissa||Diffuser study||separate paper?|
- Common data sample:
- 2017/02 and 2017/03 runs
- 2T and 3T in SSD
- 140 - 240 MeV/c
- 3, 6, 10 nominal beams
- LiH, LH2, wedge
- Official MC to be used
- Common set of cuts to be defined.
- LaTex structure: https://github.com/pfranchini/MICE-systems-performance-paper/blob/master/Systems-performance.pdf
- Common set of cuts:
Cut definition Victoria Chris R. Cuts mapper name One space point in TOF0 V V One space point in TOF1 V V Time of flight in range 27-32 ns X V or Normalized time of flight in range 1-6 ns V ? Single reconstructed TKU track with chi^2/N_DOF <=4 <10 TKU track within fiducial volume of tracker < 150 mm V V TKU momentum between 135 and 145 MeV/c X V Tracked radius at diffuser <= 90mm V V Muon hypothesis (TOF vs P plane) V ? Single reconstructed TKD track with chi^2/N_DOF X <10 TKD momentum between 100 and 200 MeV/c X V
Notes and AOB:¶
- RAL: Chris R., Paolo
- Phone: Paul S., Tom, Scott, Viktor, Francois, Mariyan, Chris H., Domizia
- Apologies: Ajit, Paul K.
- TOF: agreed on the outline of the contribution. 3-4 pages.
- Ckov: photoelectron vs momentum curves to be reproduced.
- KL: first draft in place. To be refined/rebalanced once we have the other contributions.
- EMR: include low level efficiency and PID to reject positrons.
- Tracker: agreed on 5 pages
- 1 page hardware
- 2 pages low level recon
- 2 track selection/kalman, noise, efficiency and resolution
A lot of analysis material is ready (and easily adaptable from 7469) and needs to be put together. The noise analysis has never been formalised and may require few more time; Chris R. has done some studies for a past VC.
- PID: Scott has updated the software framework.
- Track matching: Chris R. showed residual plots produced for the emittance note (that won't be included in the paper). Is worth having them in the system paper in order to show the performance of this tool.
- Detector alignment: chase Paul K. about the note review. Reproduce the equivalent plots present in the note for the data. Agreed on 4-5 pages.
- Magnets: tracker field note in progress; some work to do on the systematics. FC is the missing piece.
- Target model: note in progress and comparison with the LM data to be started (Paul S. suggested using a 700 MeV proton beam). We have to understand what could end up in the paper.
- Absorber model: LH2 absorber validation stands. Waiting from Colin for measurements done for the safety case.
- Diffuser study: no updates.
- Agreed to show a first version of the plots during the imminent Warwick workshop.
- Define a common set of cuts (where needed) using the MAUS cut structure (that once is included in MAUS would require another iteration of the reconstruction).
- Some contributions might end up in a separate stand alone paper.
- Next meeting: Warwick workshop, Friday 15th May 1.00 pm