2018-05-09-system » History » Revision 29
System performance paper meeting: 9/5/2018 - 11am¶
5 minutes for each contribution + 30 minutes for general discussion.
|Domizia, Ludovico, Mariyan||KL||on GitHub||first draft ready|
|Melissa||Tracker||agreed on 5 pages|
|Chris Rogers, Melissa||Track matching||System_Performance_Paper_Track_Matching.pdf|
|Francois, Paul||Detector alignment||MICE note being reviewed|
|Chris Hunt, Joe||Magnets|
|Tom, Paolo||Target model||Target.pdf MICE note in progress|
|Ajit, Scott||Absorber model|
|Melissa||Diffuser study||separate paper?|
- Common data sample:
- 2017/02 and 2017/03 runs
- 2T and 3T in SSD
- 140 - 240 MeV/c
- 3, 6, 10 nominal beams
- LiH, LH2, wedge
- Official MC to be used
- Common set of cuts
- LaTex structure: https://github.com/pfranchini/MICE-systems-performance-paper/blob/master/Systems-performance.pdf
Notes and AOB:¶
- RAL: Chris R., Paolo
- Phone: Paul S., Tom, Scott, Viktor, Francois, Mariyan, Chris H., Domizia
- Apologies: Ajit, Paul K.
- TOF: agreed on the outline of the contribution. 3-4 pages.
- Ckov: photoelectron vs momentum curves to be reproduced.
- KL: first draft in place. To be refined/rebalanced once we have the other contributions.
- EMR: include low level efficiency and PID to reject positrons.
- Tracker: agreed on 5 pages
- 1 page hardware
- 2 pages low level recon
- 2 track selection/kalman, noise, efficiency and resolution
A lot of analysis material is ready (and easily adapted from 7469). The noise analysis has never been formalised and may require few more time.
- PID: Scott has updated the software framework.
- Track matching: Chris R. showed residual plots produced for the emittance note (that won't be included in the paper). Is worth having them in the system paper in order to show the performance of this tool.
- Detector alignment: chase Paul K. about the note review. Reproduce the equivalent plots present in the note for the data. Agreed on 4-5 pages.
- Magnets: tracker field note in progress; some work to do on the systematics.
- Target model: note in progress and comparison with the LM data to be started. We have to understand what could end up in the paper.
- Absorber model: LH2 absorber validation stands. Waiting from Colin for measurements done for the safety case.
- Diffuser study: no updates.
- Agreed to show a first version of the plots during the imminent Warwick workshop.
- Define a common set of cuts (where needed) using the MAUS cut structure (that once is included in MAUS would require another iteration of the reconstruction). *
- Next meeting: Warwick workshop, Friday 15th May 1.00 pm