2017-12-05-physics-shifter » History » Revision 6
Start Date: 2017-12-05
Start Run: 10432
Physics shifter: Chris Rogers
The aim was to get the empty data for corresponding LiH full settings:
- 5th December - possibly recover magnets following a quench
- 6th December - 2016-05.1 setting (flip mode, 140 MeV/c)
- 7th December - 2017-02-7 setting (flip mode, 140 MeV/c)
- 8th December - 2017-02-8 setting (flip mode, 170 MeV/c)
- TOF1 dt is 50 ps, still not great; TOF0 and TOF2 slab conversion to space point efficiency ~ 97-98 %
- TKU, TKD has no obvious dead area
- Amplitude change looks okay. Notice more scraping than with M2D data sets.
- I spend some time staring at the chi2 plots in TKD. TKD has a longer tail, but I think it is not significant. Comparing e.g. chi2/ndf = 4, with the peak chi2, the ratio is < 10^-3 for both TKU and TKD. But TKD has a longish tail beyond - all at < 10^-3 level, so did not dig further. I also note TKD has fewer ndf, potentially indicating less successful track finding from PR; again, something to dig into (but data is probably okay).
- I noted onrec shows lots of electrons in EMR for the diff8 setting. Why is that? This setting has slightly lower pz, maybe lots of stopping muons in KL?