Physics Shift Report¶
Start Date: 19/09/2017
End Date: 23/09/2017
Start Run: 09618
End Run: 09628
Physics shifter: Chris Rogers
Attempted to ramp magnets; but magnet experts have struggled to ramp. Running straight tracks for alignment and TOF calibration
Elog is okay
CDB is okay
Looks okay. Note that tracker has some dead areas; tracker group has been notified. Also note that there are some spills that are coming through onrec as "0"; i.e. run number 0, spill number 0, no recon events. Durga thinks it is "normal" DAQ misfiring type events
For run 09628
- TOF0 failed calibration 0.09 % out of range 2.21 % Okay 97.7 %
- TOF1 failed calibration 0.0 % out of range 0.0 % Okay 100.0 %
- TOF2 failed calibration 2.73 % out of range 4.91 % Okay 92.36 %
Delta TOF between slabs is attached (RMS is ~twice the TOF resolution). It looks not bad given that there is a calibration coming.
- tof_validation.pdf is the difference between slabs of all formed space points
- tof_validation_raw.pdf is the uncalibrated difference between slabs; fileld is the uncalibrated difference for formed space points; dashed is the uncalibrated difference for all slab hit combinations.
- 2017-10-21 There is evidence for some dead channels in the tracker. See this email (cut n paste)
- 2017-10-22 A new mapping was developed to try to resolve some of the dead areas and reconstruction proceeded with this new mapping and calibration during the day on 21st October; following this the space point reconstruction in tkd looked to have poor efficiency and few tracks were formed (tkd made tracks in less than 10 % of events that made a good track in upstream and a space point in tof2). It is also noted that at the same time the solenoid field was ramped (so helical tracking) and a new MAUS version went out; but likely cause is the new mapping/calibration. Experts are investigating.
- There was beamline tuning activity on the night/early morning of 21st/22nd Oct. See these elog posts
Data rates/etc after cuts. Aim is to get 1e5 "good muons" for each beamline setting, i.e. muons in the "us cut" column.
|name||runs||lmc1234||tof1||tof2||time||nevents||us cut||ds cut|
|2016-04 1.2 3-140-9659||||1687730||675336||375824||2 hrs 4 mins||387555||45559||1683|
|2016-04 1.2 3-140-9660||||1692847||687797||382610||2 hrs 10 mins||400436||47507||1796|
|2016-04 1.2 6-140-9662||||57568||26791||11208||0 hrs 5 mins||15807||1846||27|
|2016-04 1.2 6-140-9663||||1159737||539173||224165||1 hrs 35 mins||309935||37167||1440|
|2016-04 1.2 6-140-9664||||998892||747666||108394||1 hrs 32 mins||376548||18751||445|
|2016-04 1.2 6-140-9665||||1375337||629355||261628||1 hrs 52 mins||353562||42292||1580|
|2016-04 1.2 6-140-9666||||1041647||443838||184485||1 hrs 2 mins||227014||25857||954|
Updated by Rogers, Chris over 5 years ago · 24 revisions