2016-11-22-straight-tracks-paper » History » Revision 3
« Previous |
| Next »
Rogers, Chris, 23 November 2016 13:50
Page 1¶First three comments may be more appropriate for the paper rather than the MICE note
- Should defend choice of Xenon
- Should define symbols in emittance formula
- Should define equilibrium emittance
- "Thus, despite the limited angular range it is extremely attractive as a direct measure of the
scattering of muons" Need to add some more quantitative discussion of angular acceptance.
- Table 1: Row for Al numbers are suspect - correct
- Table 1: General comment that some description of the material budget is required; how much material and where?
- Table 1: In similar vein, some description of absorber is necessary
- Scattering angle definitions eqn (3) and (4) are not correct - see supplementary note from JHC
theta = \sqrt(<theta_scatt>)should be
theta = \sqrt(<theta^2>)
- There was some discussion over the use of a Gaussian fit, as mentioned in final sentence of 1.1. Comment that the description would be better in the "analysis" section where the relevant measurements and plots are listed.
- 0.0038 should be 0.038
- Comment that section 1.2 needs a lot of work; it was not reviewed in detail.
Updated by Rogers, Chris over 6 years ago · 3 revisions