Failed to build on RHEL7 Scarf cluster
I resolved this issue following a conversation with Paolo, so this is just a "for the record" type comment...
scarf updated to redhat 7 and I could no longer get gsoap module to build due to missing openssl headers. I tried manually installing openssl 1.1.2 and 1.0.2 (the current "supported" openssl versions) both without luck.It turns out that Paolo successfully built with default RHEL7 using prepacked openssl (which doesn't seem to be installed on scarf by default). So I looked it up; this is 1.0.2. Once I found that,
- I dug into the libssl.a and found that when I installed openssl 1.0.2 somehow the libssl.a did not get replaced, so I had 1.1.1 libssl.a.
- I manually deleted libssl.a and reinstalled 1.0.2 and I got the right libssl.
- I also had to add environment variable like "export LIBS=-ldl" to the 46gsoap.bash. Not sure why that doesn't appear in the makefile automagically.
Looks like the cdb stack has then built okay, and MAUS also finished building and unit tests passed.
No data to display