DAQ test plan for April
1. Tests of the DAQ readout through pulsar trigger. Duration: 2 days. To be done at least 1 week before the tests with beam.
2. Debugging with beam, starting with low intensity (20 - 30 triggers per spill) beams. Duration: 1 day.
3. Debugging with hight intensity beam (~ 300 triggers per spill or more if possible). Duration: 1 day.
4. TOF Calibration data taking (electron beam, ~100 triggers per spill). Duration: 2 days.
Updated by Rogers, Chris almost 10 years ago
Great. Not quite sure what you are documenting in this issue tracker, but as far as the trigger migration goes, I would want something like:
- Description of the new system
- Installation plan - what gets installed where, which racks are used
- Test plan - what tests specifically do you intend to run; which areas of the trigger system do the tests cover; are there any missing tests (e.g. things that are too tricky or require data)
- Run plan - more detail than you have above - what rate, what magnet currents, etc.
- Rollback plan - what happens if it all goes wrong
- Schedule and dates
One could pick out a subset of these items for the "doubling dip rate" activity. Then I think we need an installation review before any hardware changes are made.