batch iteration number specification
Require specification of batch iteration number for configuration database
Updated by Rogers, Chris over 10 years ago
During recent GRID workshop we decided that run control should be handled by a master batch iteration number
- Uniquely defined parameter that is passed to the batch execution script at run time as command line variable
- Determines the datacards that will be used by MAUS
- Datacards should be stored on configuration database
Propose new table in configuration database, "batch iteration" which contains:
- batch iteration number which is a smallint and is the primary key
- string comment which contains a descriptor of the datacards
- string which contains the reconstruction datacards that will be used by MAUS passed in by the configuration_file parameter
- string which contains the MC datacards that will be used by MAUS passed in by the configuration_file parameter
Updated by Rogers, Chris over 9 years ago
By email, from Janusz:
OK, so to summarise:
- we are inserting one COMPLETE record, in which only a comment may be changed later *). I specified datacard fields as NOT NULL (and no defaults) which mean they are obligatory.
- we don’t allow to DELETE any records or UPDATE any records apart from the comment.
*) there is a timestamp field I want to use internally to have an idea when the record was inserted. Do we want a comment update to modify it (probably not) ?