batch iteration number specification
Require specification of batch iteration number for configuration database
Updated by Rogers, Chris over 8 years ago
During recent GRID workshop we decided that run control should be handled by a master batch iteration number
- Uniquely defined parameter that is passed to the batch execution script at run time as command line variable
- Determines the datacards that will be used by MAUS
- Datacards should be stored on configuration database
Propose new table in configuration database, "batch iteration" which contains:
- batch iteration number which is a smallint and is the primary key
- string comment which contains a descriptor of the datacards
- string which contains the reconstruction datacards that will be used by MAUS passed in by the configuration_file parameter
- string which contains the MC datacards that will be used by MAUS passed in by the configuration_file parameter
Updated by Rogers, Chris over 7 years ago
By email, from Janusz:
OK, so to summarise:
- we are inserting one COMPLETE record, in which only a comment may be changed later *). I specified datacard fields as NOT NULL (and no defaults) which mean they are obligatory.
- we don’t allow to DELETE any records or UPDATE any records apart from the comment.
*) there is a timestamp field I want to use internally to have an idea when the record was inserted. Do we want a comment update to modify it (probably not) ?