CDB access failure due to suds cache permission problem
19 December 2012
- Trying to access CDB via python api fails due to an apparent suds cache/permission problem.
- Test python script attached [ check_cdb.py ]
- The problem seems to be with the permissions for the /tmp/suds directory
- Works fine on a single-user machine. Verified that it works on my single-user machine -- see attached log check_cdb_single.txt
- But with multiple users, when /tmp/suds exists under user1's name/group, then user2 is unable to remove/write to that directory causing the failure -- see attached log check_cdb_multi.txt
[ the installation test failures on the IIT CentOS machine are related to the scripts and code trying to access CDB ]
Updated by Rajaram, Durga over 10 years ago
As a workaround, I got the permissions changed on /tmp/suds so that it was writable by others and that fixed it,
but I think there needs to be a more robust solution.
Updated by Rogers, Chris over 10 years ago
- Project changed from MAUS to Configuration Database
- Category changed from Python API to Python API
- Assignee set to Wilson, Antony
Moved to CDB project