Project

General

Profile

2013 » MeetingMinutes-131217.txt

17-12-13 Meeting minutes - Hanlet, Pierrick, 29 December 2013 07:06

 
1
Attending: KL, RP, PMH, ABr, PK, PG, JP
2
   Absent: AN, AG
3
  Invited: 
4

    
5
Agenda:
6
1. Current Status of the Focus Coil
7
   a. Plans to Christmas and into the New Year
8
   b. Options – Achievable current, timescales for testing
9
2. Production Readiness Review
10
   a. Timing
11
   b. Organiser
12
3. Product Breakdown Structure (original item was the WBS)
13
4. RLSR and MPB Response
14
5. Christmas Shutdown – Equipment to check
15
6. Collaboration meeting and other meetings / visits
16
7. MEMO Report
17
8. AOB
18

    
19
Notes:
20
 1) SS2 (Bross) - backfill w/N2 and close off
21
                - send 2nd vacuum system at Wang, NMR to RAL
22
 2) FC Status and Plans
23
    - FC2 temperature sensor failed when cold, now works again when warm
24
    - FC2 radiation shield never cooled below 120K
25
    - FC2 cold spot found on warm bore - indicates conductive heat leak
26
    - Plan: - Tesla will come for a meeting
27
      	    - repair FC1 mli
28
	    - re-tension FC1
29
	    - hope to pump before Christmas holiday
30
	    - FC2 goes back to Tesla
31
	    - FC1 achieved 188A (200 MeV/c flip mode)
32
     	    - recooling will test if mli helps
33
	    - retraining will test if: - can go further with re-tensioning
34
	      		      	       - FC remembers previous training
35
    - need new decision tree
36
      - discuss conditional acceptance of FC1
37
      - negotiate with SBS (funding agnecy)
38
*** - Roy to kick off decision tree
39
 3) Production Readiness Review for PRY (PRR for PRY)
40
    - internal review AN + mechanical engineers
41
    - will S.Plate have sufficient drawings complete before holidays to proceed?
42
    - PRR presently scheduled for 13 January
43
*** - RP to confirm date with AN
44
 4) Product Breakdown Structure (PBS)
45
    - this is communication flow matrix - not responsibility
46
    - PK to consider level 2 role for instrumentation
47
    - JP to consider level 2 role for cooling channel
48
*** - all to review PBS
49
 5) RLSR/MPB feedback
50
    - version 2 available
51
*** - all to review and give feedback
52
 6) Christmas shutdown
53
    - walk through performed with Yordan, Ian T., and PMH
54
    - PMH conveyed information on walk through with Steve Boyd and KL
55
*** - PMH to write new MOM walkabout sheet
56
 7) Meetings
57
    - looked briefly at meeting spreadsheet
58
    - CM38 begins 24 February
59
*** - RP to schedule sessions
60
 8) MEMO report (PMH)
61
    - Step V vs Step VI decision - trade off between physics & engineering costs
62
    - need to begin discussion by CM38
63
    - RLSR requires feedback by May 2014 (not decision)
64
    - collaboration decision needs to be made by end of 2014
65
 9) PK is now UK PI
66
10) AOB
67
*** - PMH to follow up survey request of EMR w/AN
68
*** - PMH to contact Palin wrt y-positions in beamline survey
69
    - JP announces that Milorad Popovic will join effort with G4Beamline
70
    - PK announces that John Nugent is working on this at Glasgow
71
*** - PMH to research coupling MICE with existing RAL survey team
(4-4/5)