Project

General

Profile

PC220213 » 130222_GlobalReconScheduleDiscussion_Minutes.txt

Meeting Mintues - Taylor, Ian, 25 February 2013 11:43

 
1
Minutes:
2

    
3
Order of comments follows the meeting agenda, and does not represent
4
the order of discussion.  Hopefully it is still readable.
5

    
6
Attendees: IT, PL, CR, AB, PK, RB
7

    
8
Data Structure:
9

    
10
  - Completed / released next week (2013-03-01).
11

    
12
    - Currently finalizing lcov and documentation coverage.
13

    
14
    - Need to look at Enums
15

    
16
    CR,IT,RB: We need to ensure that the data structure will work in
17
              the new trigger regime, where we will have multiple
18
              triggers per MAUS::Spill object.
19

    
20
Interface with detector groups:
21

    
22
  - Read in SpacePoints from all detector reconstructions.
23

    
24
    - Also momentum measurements from Tracker, etc.
25

    
26
  - Identify named contact for each detector group.
27

    
28
    IT: ACTION: Compile list by 2013-03-08.
29

    
30
    AB: EMR provides / will provide:
31

    
32
      - Muon -> electron decay tagging
33

    
34
      - Particle Identification
35

    
36
      - Tracking
37

    
38
        - This could be improved by a seeded clustering algorithm,
39
          dependent on a Tracker track.
40

    
41
      - This will be worked on by Ruslan Asfandiyarov.
42

    
43
    Lucien Cremaldi replied by e-mail, detailing the planned Cherenkov
44
    reconstruction:
45

    
46
      - Data will be calibrated using pedestal and 1 pe values from
47
        calibration files, providing signal in terms of pe.
48

    
49
      - Data stream will contain information about prompt signal and
50
        total signal.
51

    
52
        - If prompt / total = 1  :  A normal event
53
        - If prompt / total << 1 :  Probably an abnormal muon track.
54

    
55
Tracker Track matching / extrapolation:
56

    
57
  - Tracker -> Tracker
58

    
59
  - Tracker -> Upstream (TOF, CKov)
60

    
61
  - Tracker -> Downstream (EMR, TOF, KL)
62

    
63
    CR,AB: We have a number of situations to consider: Single track
64
           per trigger, multiple tracks per trigger, electron
65
           background from RF.
66

    
67
    PL: Single track per trigger is currently working, be selecting
68
        all spacepoints within a time window.
69

    
70
    IT: Some improved checks on matching would be good.  Multiple
71
        tracks per trigger will depend on MC trigger work, from RB.
72

    
73
    RB: This is a work in progress.
74

    
75
    AB: MC simulation of RF background was started.  This should be
76
        looked at, and reintroduced into the current MC.
77

    
78
    IT: This is a Step VI problem, so can wait for now.
79

    
80
Track Fitting:
81

    
82
  - Discuss required level of accuracy for fit
83

    
84
    - Exact location / emittance only vital at certain points.
85

    
86
      CR: Good to know location at TOFs, does require extrapolation
87
          through magnetic fields.  Only to accuracy of TOF bars.
88

    
89
      CR,IT: Must be prepared to provide emittance anywhere between
90
             upstream end of Tracker 1 and downstream end of Tracker
91
             2.
92

    
93
      CR: Code for emittance calculation exists, and can be provided.
94

    
95
    - Kalman between trackers is vital (for some scenarios).
96

    
97
    PL: Minuit needs more work, as does Kalman.  In part, this depends
98
    on the data structure and importing individual detector
99
    reconstructions.
100

    
101
    IT: Aim to have blocking work completed in 3 weeks.  PL will then
102
        report on tracking at 2,4 week points after framework is ready.
103

    
104
Hypothesis Construction:
105

    
106
  - Inflight decays
107

    
108
  - PID disagreement / combination
109

    
110
  - Pile-up
111

    
112
    IT,AB,CR: Inflight decays is not the leading order issue, nor is
113
              pile-up.  We can start work on the PID, combining
114
              results and understanding disagreements when they occur.
115

    
116
    IT: Need a combined TOF + Tracker PID.  This will use a tracker
117
        momentum measurement to improve PID accuracy from
118
        time-of-flight measurement.  Time of flight will require
119
        accurate path length.
120

    
121
    IT: EMR PID will be based on hits, and should be developed by EMR
122
        recon developer, with assistance from Global Recon group.
123

    
124
Analysis Interface:
125

    
126
  - Coordinate with analysis group
127

    
128
    - Confirm data structure changes (started at CM35).
129

    
130
    - List of access methods requested...
131

    
132
  AB: Is Victoria Blackmore on the Software Developers list?
133

    
134
  CR: Yes she is.  However, still a good idea to present relevant work
135
      at Analysis meeting.  No need for a new (Global Reconstruction)
136
      meeting; should incorporate into Software-Dev and Analysis.
137
      Ensure cross-list notification when required.
138

    
139
  IT: Final deadline is the Data Challenge.  We need to have as much
140
      of this code working by then as possible, to properly test it
141
      and demonstrate it is ready for analysis when we get data.
142

    
143
  RB: When it the Data Challenge?
144

    
145
  CR: <Deliberately vague> "Next winter".
146

    
147
  IT: <Deliberately ominous> "Winter is Coming".
148

    
(2-2/2)