Tracker Software Review: Meeting 4¶
Wednesday, July 19, 1500 BST (0900 CDT)¶
- Introduction - K. Long
- Actions from previous meetings
- AD: Compare data/MC efficiencies for 8681
- CR: Generate list of uncertainties and show what has been done so far (alignment, scattering, energy loss, field uniformity, etc).
- PK: Check dead channel & noise handling in MC.
- AD: pattern recognition/efficiency:
- Study “10%” of missing 5-point tracks; where in the p.r. does the missing point get rejected?
- Scan events in which 5-point tracks are rejected
- Remove requirement for one hit per station in data and study performance. Also, study multi-track MC
- Plot Chi2 distributions etc. on log scale (to emphasize tails)
- Optimize Chi2 cut for “MINUIT” variant
- Recover reasons for shape of hits-per-station histogram
- Investigate reason for hits recovered on track being peaked up at “zero” distance from the track in both variants of the r-phi fit. Investigate reason for double peak in MINUIT variant
- With KL, review s-z algorithm
- CH: track fit:
- Check Highland and Bethe against what is implemented in GEANT
- Study p-value: split up contributions to p-value shape using MC and study shape in data, e.g. is there an error in the resolution per plane, handling of MCS, handing of energy loss, magnetic field, …
- Repeat study that was done to investigate whether field integration (e.g. using Runge Kutta) is required to compensate for magnetic field non-uniformity
- Make study of magnetic-field alignment with a view to establishing whether the present algorithm is sufficiently insensitive to reasonable assumptions of maximum field-misalignment
- Report on actions: Pattern recognition: A. Dobbs
- Report on actions: Track fit: C. Hunt
- Next Steps for review