Tracker Software Meeting¶
- Tracker Software Meeting
Date: 9th Feb 2016 13:00 GMT
Attendance: MU, PK, KL, RB, CHunt
Apologies: AD, CHeidt
- Runs for which FD had poor convergence show fluctuations in the hot/dead channels and strange fluctuations in plots on hit distributions.
- Seems to be a reason to reject the runs from the alignment analysis;
- Need to understand the history of the evolution of the hot/dead channels and the performance of the tracker h/w;
- Need to take care to be sure that issues in the low-level tracker data are found much more efficiently in the future;
- Must not have recurrence of situation where issues in tracker data are found months after data taking;
Pattern Recognition (AD)¶
Track Fit (CHunt)¶
- New version including all improvements pushed to MAUS trunk.
- Ready to use!
- Confirmed that the “residual drift” issue is related to the way in which G4 and MAUS treat rotations. Fixes are in the geometry and tests are being run.
- Expect that validated changes will be ready by the end today.
- Ready to use in around 24 hours.
- Propose pilot runs on:
- Data: 7416, 7469
- MC: Representative samples
- Pilot runs to be checked by:
- FD: alignment;
- CH: Track fit;
- All: hits …
- Processing (DR):
- Pilot (7416, 7469, MC);
- Full processing;
- History of tracker performance (MU/EO):
- All runs from 2015 data taking;
- Future (PK):
- Scheme articulated including revised calibration script, online monitoring, et. PK will oversee execution of this such that it will be ready for the running in March.
- Monitoring o/p from reconstruction (DR/PK):
- Need to have plots coming from recons. when it runs to allow quality of data to be validated.
- DR/PK will take the lead in making sure this is in place.
Next meeting: To be agreed by PK