Date: 1st April 2015
Time: 16:00 UK time
Agenda and Minutes¶
Actions from Last Meeting¶
- MU to look in what to release as MICE notes and how - MU - ONGOING
- Kalman doesnt work on straights. - Chris and Adam looking to fix
- Not yet able to test against multiple tracks per trigger with MC - Durga - Melissa to remind Durga - DONE
- Real data unpacking broken -
- Prepare a tag out lock out procedure to stop people turning things off that we don't want them to (He etc. - Add the above to the controls and monitoring alarms so that if the above happens we know - Pierrick
- Add to John Govans' rota for daily walk round to test our setup. - Pierrick
- write emergency shutdown procedure - MU almost complete will email all.
1. Status of commissioning work and ongoing plan¶
Local ground done.
2. Software: AD, ES, CH¶
Documentation - AD, ES, C. Heidt¶
Geometry, Calibrations, Configurations, CDB - C. Heidt¶
Pattern Recognition - AD,¶
Online Displays - MU¶
*3/4 of the plots are now in and working and were used for mock data challenge. the other are the non essentials and are coming soon.
Performance and Analysis¶
Tracker Software Paper - AD¶
4. What and when are there opportunities to do before step IV and what can we do to be ready for them?¶
- Next ISIS run. We will not run but will aim to have our stuff in controls and monitoring and be as far along with the DAQ as possible.
- To synchronise with the ISIS RF which was done at the single station test in two days (but we can try to complete in 1) and we will need a day with LEDs in advance. One station in one tracker at least necessary for this but one in each trackers is best.
- And to ensure that everything not completed as part of the mock data challenge is completed.
5. Optimising the DAQ¶
- Installation Manual - GB MU - ongoing
- External Waveguides - MU
- Cryostats - CM, AB, DA
7. Services in the MICE hall: CM okay¶
8. Step IV Analysis Readiness - MU¶
- Daresbury electronics: vacuum, tracker interlocks
- Reforming external waveguides (could lead to breakage)
- Northside PRY (not us, but knock effect to us)
- Not yet able to test against multiple tracks per trigger with MC -Action for Durga
- Real data unpacking broken DA
10. Tracker Documentation¶
We need to produce documentation for in the control room, for Steve B. We cannot necessarily get that far with operations and startup as we are not yet working with the CandM as we will but we can write something and finalise safety details.
110.0 Startup Procedure¶
10.1 Operations Procedure¶
- Documentation in production ready for review - MU
110.2 Tracker Online Emergency Procedure¶
- Provide documentation for ISIS and eventually shifters in what to do in an emergency situation for the Tracker when running
Documentation to Include:
- schematics of the system
- a list of associated checklists at power on, and who works through them.
- a list of instructions to shifters on how to operate and monitor the system
- emergency shutdown instructions
- power-up instructions
- trouble-shooting : what to watch for
- a list of regular maintenance and safety checks
- If the system shuts down do not restart Tracker expert only.
- Power outage greatest risk, cryostat will stay cold lid will be cold and moisture will get on electronics. - If this happens run lid heater boxes of UPS.
SCHEMATIC OF SYSTEM
From NIM paper
ASSOCIATED CHECKLIST AT POWER ON AND RESPONSIBILITY
- ongoing consider post Mock Data Challenge
- Turn off veners
- Isolate cryostat vacuum
- Turn off pumps
- Turn off compressors.
- Cold heads
- Helium bottles
Organise a break out meeting at cm41.
- The four digit company id: 4673 (callers from outside the UK)
- The pin number: 419357
|UK (Imperial College --preferred)||0845 545 4460||English|
|Austria||0820 4000 1503||English|
|0820 4000 15 02||German|
|Belgium||070 35 99 45||English|
|070 35 99 94||Dutch|
|070 35 98 66||French|
|Canada||1 712 432 2832||English|
|1 712 432 2844||French|
|Germany||01803 001 178||English|
|01570 248 8303||English (mobile)|
|01803 001 177||German|
|01570 248 8101||German (mobile)|
|Ireland||0818 270 007||English|
|Italy||848 390 166||English|
|848 391 819||Italian|
|Netherlands||0870 001 901||English|
|0870 001 909||Dutch|
|Poland||0801 003 543||English|
|0801 003 533||Polish|
|South Africa||087 550 0375||English|
|Spain||902 885 318||English|
|902 881 200||Spanish|
|Sweden||0939 2066 400||English|
|0939 2066 300||Swedish|
|Switzerland||0848 560 190||English|
|0848 560 378||French|
|0848 560 347||German|
|0848 560 385||Italian|
|United Kingdom (PowWowNow)||0844 4 73 73 73||English|
|United States||1 415 363 0833||English|