Date: 13th July 2016
Time: 15:00 UK time
Attendance: Ed, Adam, Paul, Chris Heidt, Chris Hunt, Ken, Melissa
Agenda and Minutes¶Prev Actions:
- Board testing in Tracker lab - EO - 4 tested, no temp or bias calib as yet. Work to continue.
- Speak with Durga about automating all of the calibrations etc for all sub-detectors automated going into MAUS for recon. - Chris Hunt
- MU to meet with Paul and Adam to discuss in person at IC. - DONE
- For readiness Paul is going to look at variations in field and whether we can see them in detector data. He now knows how to do it. Update Next week.
- Ed is going to be looking at improving pattern rec with Adam. Update Next week
- Electronics noise MC/Data comparison: CHeidt and Ed
- Melissa will compare her analysis data to MC when MC is available analysis code, the standard MC sets that appear on MAUS/wiki.
- C. Heidt: MC documentation needs updating
Data Taking Summary MAU, EO, PK, AD¶
We are happy with the data recon but want to investigate further the trackpoint pull plots. which seem to have changed shape between MAUS 2.1 and 2.5.
For readiness Paul was going to look at variations in field and whether we can see them in detector data. He is having trouble fiddling with MC vis-a-vis changing the field. He now knows how to do it. Update Next week.
Ed is going to be looking at improving pattern rec with Adam. Update Next week.
MC-Data comparison needs to be done Chris Heidt has volunteered. He will look at noise variations between MC and Data.
Melissa will compare her analysis data to MC when MC is available analysis code, the standard MC sets that appear on MAUS/wiki.
Status of hardware,¶
Commissioning: EO CMW MU¶
- Hall probes
Don't fiddle with them if it isn't necessary and in collaboration with the experts. It seems that all is okay but probe 67 is currently not in the IOC due to the cable damage from when it was pulled out and reconnected. Melissa will email all.
- cryostat status (& spares)
- daresbury interlocks.
- tracker daq/c&m systems
- spare boards
MICE hall, inc Services and requirements : CM, GB,
- Tracker lab.
2. Software: PK, AD, CHunt, CHeidt¶
- Performance and Analysis
- Validation script
- All ok for 4 weeks now.
- Calibrations, Configurations
- Fairly easy to keep calibrations up to date. Not completely automated but will be following more tests.
- Monte Carlo
- Documentation still outstanding, all else good.
- Pattern Recognition
- Online Displays
Tracker Software Paper and Documentation - AD, PK DR¶
- See https://code.launchpad.net/~phuccj/maus/scifipaper PLEASE LOOK AND REVIEW
Looking good but a bit more work to do to make sure we agree on all of the plots. Nearly there.
- C. Heidt: MC documentation needs updating - TBD
Needs a bit of help as he has hit a road block. He will email us and we should all take a look.¶
Phone Details: International Toll-Free Dial-in numbers¶
- Switzerland: 0800705351
- UK: 08004960576
- US: 1-866-740-1260
- Other numbers
- Access Code: 5673390