Initial discussion of revision to procedures generated during negotiation of permission to operate the superconducting magnets in the Step IV configuration.
Notes:¶Present: MP, PMH, KL, JPa, CW, AN, CMacW, SG
- Use of ferrous tools etc.:
- Electrical safety, lock-out/tag-out, magnet-off buttons and access to the channel from the South Mezzanine: S. Griffiths
* Implementation of upgrades including DCCT, lock-out of breakers etc. underway.
* Access to the top of the PRY is being improved with the installation of the access platform.
* Method statement and risk assessment being prepared (90% complete). Will document procedure for doing changes to DC link boxes. Procedure will include:
- Definition of people who may make an intervention in the link boxes. These will be the MICE electrical techs and ISIS support technicians.
- Sketch of procedure:
- Switch off power supply;
- Isolate at breaker panel and lock off;
- Caution notice to say work is taking place;
- Issue permit to allow work;
- With permit can obtain key for link box;
- Changes will be approved by magnet responsible person;
- Tests associated with particular power supply will then be released;
- Use of ferrous tools and search for ferrous objects prior to magnet operations: A. Nichols
* Trying to define separation between hands-on construction work with the magnet training. Driven by the need to control the magnetic debris.
* Drafts uploaded for comment.
* We discussed the need to agree a definition for what is operation and what is construction. AN will draft the statement.
* Padlocks on the south mezzanine;
- Need to revise the PPS document. CMacW agreed to do this.