Goal : To do an activation run at 4V beam loss double rate
To do a TOF calibration
To do a CKOV HV scan and threshold scan
Issues encountered in setup and hall closure¶
- Initial difficulty putting Q1 and Q2 into remote mode due to the operators not resetting the interlocks properly
- Problem was corrected before search of the hall was completed
- Magnet operators will need to be reminded periodically of magnet power on procedures.
- The high voltage crates were not communicating with the high voltage control
- Was traced to a flakey serial port connection. A more robust solution will have to be found.
- TOF2 ADCs and KL TDCs were not available for run.
- Was the result of partial progress in the reorganization the DAQ trigger.
- Will be corrected with the completion of the work on the DAQ trigger.
Issues encountered during the run¶
- Neutron monitor readout broken
- webcam also pointing in the wrong direction (i.e. no backup in place for EPICS readout)
- webcam fixed during a Controlled Entry
- Confusion over shifter rostering
- 1 left early
- other missed lunch
- Confusion regarding ISIS and MICE operations
- ISIS rep rate and unexpected losses in SP 1 & 2
- ISIS BLM app still unavailable via C&M menu
- Run control not available
- In progress upgrades to the MLCR computing systems had not filtered into run control.
- Run control was not tested with DAQ because of Ckov HV problems (above).
- Explicit instructions for bringing the run control up from an "off" or "fail" state not available.
- DAQ produced fatal trigger mismatches on almost all runs.
- Yordan suggested to cycle the power in the affected TDC crate and to remove and reinsert the affected Flash ADC card
- Resulted in a long (5-10 minutes) turn around between runs because the procedure would not work every time.
- Problem is believed to be hardware related; possibly in the TDC crate power supply. Component will need to be identified and fixed.
- Q123 control crate wrongly turned off at end of run (significant chance of damaging power supply)
- Instructions in MLCR. Shifters should consult documentation if in doubt.
- Poor and confused preparation