Run Planning Discussion 3 July, 2015¶
Magnet training. Will take beam with pion beams to fill out remainder of alignment requirements.
|estimated time||10pm - 6am|
|Lead shifter||Mariyan Bogomilov|
|Shifter 2||Dan Kaplan|
|Physics Shifter||F. Drielsma|
- The priority is placed on the magnet preparation activities.
- Cooling SSD and SSD is "complete".
- TOF1 will be moved out of the beam line for required Tracker repairs Friday morning. The leak was found too late to put TOF1 in. Data taken using a TOF0 trigger would be of questionable value. Thus we will not take data tonight.
Shifters arrive at hall prepared to monitor the solenoid cold mass pressures anticipating further instability in the instrumentation.
- The total estimated data requirement for the tracker to tracker alignment was 300000 tracks.
- The total number of TOF2 events collected since 20 June (when the tracker was stabilized so that useful data could be collected) is 877156. This number is based on the count from the CDB including both muon and pion runs. This number omits runs with no end of run transmission (including run 7168 which was composed of 70k TOF2 triggers generated from a muon beam).
- This suggests that any beam we take tonight will not provide a significant increase in the generated statistics.
- No beams will be generated tonight.
Notes for shifters¶
- Please continue to log information into the e-log independent of run information.
Phone details for 6pm daily meeting¶
Phone access : ReadyTalk number
Access Code: 2155402