Restarting the VME controller for the Target¶
The VME controller in the Target Vac-Rack has a few foibles on restart that can cause false concern.
- Always try a warm reboot first, by telnetting into the terminal server
- After any restart:
- On Target Drive, the Gate Valve and Frame states will be reported as bad, and
- the PSU set voltages will be whited out;
- At the rack, the stepper controller display will flipping between 'U' and 'c', and
- both front carrier boards will only be showing activity on modules A and C
- On the Target Drive panel,
- Set Xantrex voltage to 65 V to cure the display
- press the reset on "Enable Target Lower" to get the Gate Valve and Frame states reading back (this does NOT require the Frame Enable key)
The Target Drive panel should now look all correct, and the stepper controller display be steady on 'U' and both carrier boards will still only be showing activity on modules A and C.