Access to ISIS Synchrotron¶
- Significant work must be notified to ISIS in advance, e.g. Mike Krendler's worklist
- Check with ISIS DO that no work is expected in S7
- Collect and read the Safety Instruction from RP Office (it's different to the Hall one)
- Collect and wear RADOS - make sure it's the right way round, and keep it well away from mobile phones!
- Swipe badge must be enabled for ISIS RF Hall 2 (R5.4)
- PPE requirements vary depending on work going on in synch - at least boots and hi-vis vest make sense
- Controlled entry procedure is broadly similar to that for MICE Hall.
- Note (and follow) ISIS Synchrotron hazard warning colour scheme:
Yellow/Black - radiation hazard
Red/White - electrical hazard
Green/White - trip or fall hazard
- A radiation survey may be needed in the area where you will be working
- Tools and equipment may need checking by Health Physics on removal from synch
- You should probably wash your hands after leaving!