- You should install a recent version of bzr.
- You can get your bzr version by doing bzr --version
- You can get bzr from http://bazaar.canonical.com/en/ or usually apt-get or equivalent has a bzr version
- You need to set up a launchpad login and ssh keys at the launchpad website (https://launchpad.net/).
- Once you have a login, do
bzr whoami "John Smith <email@example.com>"
- At RAL, you will should make sure your proxy is set by doing
export https_proxy=http://wwwcache.rl.ac.uk:8080 ### Only if you are at RAL
- To use launchpad you will need to set your ssh rsa key. You can generate a ssh rsa public - private key pair from the linux command line using:
ssh-keygen Make sure you set a good password when given the option (too weak and the process will fail). This then generates two files, id_rsa (your private key) and id_rsa.pub (your public key). Both files should be put in the (hidden) directory:
~/.ssh/ You will need to set the permissions on the files too, using the following:
chmod 600 id_rsa
chmod 640 id_rsa.pub
For the interested reader, there is a nice chmod tutorial available at http://catcode.com/teachmod/ .
Upload the text of your public key to your launchpad account, and you are good to go.