Last user cycle : 2016/02¶
- After much straight track running, the SS magnets were ramped to current on October 22 (or so).
- In the next week we gathered a lot of data (the DS really helps!)
- LiH scattering data
- Beam tuning
- Runs with different diffuser settings
|Overall run time||51 hours|
|Task||Description||Momentum||Triggers taken||SSU (ECE)||SSU M1/M2||FC||SSD (ECE)||SSD M1/M2||Beamline tag||Cooling channel tag|
|2||Scattering||140||675k at TOF2||Y||Y/Y||Solenoid||Y||N/N||3-140+M3-Test2||CCramp-6.1.4-NoTrims|
|3||Scattering||170||537k at TOF2||Y||Y/Y||Solenoid||Y||N/N||3-170+M3-Test1||CCramp-6.1.4-NoTrims|
|4||Scattering||200||508k at TOF2||Y||Y/Y||Solenoid||Y||N/N||3-200+M3-Test1||CCramp-6.1.4-NoTrims|
|5||Scattering||240||517k at TOF2||Y||Y/Y||Solenoid||Y||N/N||3-240+M3-Test1||CCramp-6.1.4-NoTrims|
Next user cycle : 2016/03 - Nov 15th - Dec 16th¶
- Need to define the run plan in advance - important to schedule any SS current changes which (ideally) will always be done during a morning shift.
- Beam begins on Nov 15th
- Expert led run on Nov 16th
- Shifts start on Nov 18th
- There are 6 shift blocks in the upcoming user cycle. They are not full.
|Shift block||Day shift (08:00-16:00) / 2||Back shift (16:00-00:00) / 2||Night shift (00:00-08:00) / 2||BLOC ?||# shifters needed|
|1||Magnet shift (empty)||2||0||No||2||Data-taking during the afternoon; Issues with magnet monitoring during the night|
|2||Magnet shift (empty)||0||1||No||3||Data-taking not possible. Issues with magnet monitoring.|
|3||2||1||1||Yes||2||Can staff around the clock; but data-taking only in the morning|
|4||1||2||0||Yes||3||Issues with magnet monitoring during the night|
|5||2||2||1||Yes||1||Can operate; Magnet monitoring at night|