Project

General

Profile

2019-01-22-MEMOMIPO

Joint MICE Experiment Management Office and MICE International Project Office

27th November 2018; 15:30 GMT

Phone details

Agenda

  1. Introduction: KL
    • Slides.
  2. Notes of previous meeting and status of actions: All
    • KL: will migrate EB and CB mailing lists to jiscmail
      • Half done ...
    • CR: will migrate analysis mailing list to jiscmail
      • Stands.
  3. Software and computing status: PF
    • Waiting for CR to agree on the version of code to be merged into the next release. Decide not to include the new tracker reconstruction in the new release because tracker reconstrucion in d/s tracker is poor.
    • Do we need to bring Dimitrije into these meetings because of the processing
  4. Paper status and plans: CR
  5. AOB

Notes

Present: KL, CR, PG, PF, ABr, PS
Apologies:

  1. Introduction: KL
    • Propose to solicit comments on slides for CERN RE presentation under AoB.
  2. Notes of previous meeting and status of actions: All
    • KL: will migrate EB and CB mailing lists to jiscmail
      • Half done: Have JISCMAIL list now, needs to be populated.
    • CR: migrate analysis mailing list to jiscmail
      • Stands.
  3. Software and computing status: PF
    • Decide not to include the new tracker reconstruction in the new release because tracker reconstrucion in d/s tracker is poor. Needs to be investigated with C.Hunt.
    • GRID LSC (file catalogue) has been discontinued, so need a work around for the file cataloge.. Files will be staged through PPD.
    • No update on hybrid MC.
    • Performance paper version will be pushed in time for the analysis workshop.
    • Do we need to bring Dimitrije into these meetings because of the processing
      • Agree to invite Paul Kyberd and Dimitrije Maletic to future meetings. Action: KL
  4. Paper status and plans: CR
    • Emittance measurement paper:
      • Straightforward comments received from jounral. Need to respond as in a timely fashion. ALso need to add Novi Sad back on the author list.
    • Amplitude-evolution paper:
      • Referees meeting on amplitude evolution paper on 30Jan19. Hoping can move forward on paper at this meeting.
    • LiH scatering paper:
      • Looking for next referees meeting around collaboration meeting.
    • LH2 scattering:
      • No update since VC. Expect to see progress at the analysis meetings.
    • Field-on scattering:
      • CR is supporting A.Young in processing the data. Some issues with installation of MAUS in Sheffield, this has now been solved. PS brings up the width of the distributions which are significantly wider than those observed in the field-off scattering
    • Long emittance paper:
      • CR visited Imperial to discuss paper last week. List of tasks has been prepared. A skeleton of the MICE Note exists on GIT-hub. Need now to take the analysis forward.
    • Wedge:
      • C.Brown working on setting up analysis (e.g. description of wedge in the MC).
  5. AOB
    • We went through KL's slides for the CERN RE presentation. Several updates were suggested and will be implemented.
    • Next MEMO/MIPO not until after next CM. So, we agreed to respond to issues raised at the next VC to see if we need to have another MEMO/MIPO in advance of the CM.
    • Next Analysis meeting in Ggo: 16/17Apr19

Summary of actions:

  • KL: migrate EB and CB mailing lists to jiscmail
  • CR: migrate analysis mailing list to jiscmail
  • KL: invite D.Maletic and P.Kyberd to next MEMO meetings.

Back to MEMO:

Back

Back to MIPO:

Back

Documents

2019-01-25-Long-MICE.pptx (44.9 MB) Long, Kenneth, 22 January 2019 15:30