Project

General

Profile

2018-11-27-MEMOMIPO

Joint MICE Experiment Management Office and MICE International Project Office

27th November 2018; 15:30 GMT

Phone details

Agenda

  1. Introduction: KL
  2. Notes of previous meeting and status of actions: All
    • KL: will migrate EB and CB mailing lists to jiscmail
    • CR: will migrate analysis mailing list to jiscmail
    • PF: will migrate software mailing list to jiscmail
  3. Software and computing status: PF
  4. Paper status and plans: CR
  5. AOB

Notes

Present: KL, PF, SG
Apologies: PS, CR

  1. Introduction: KL
  2. Notes of previous meeting and status of actions: All
    • KL: will migrate EB and CB mailing lists to jiscmail
    • CR: will migrate analysis mailing list to jiscmail
    • PF: will migrate software mailing list to jiscmail
      • * Done.* Agree to start using it; PF will circulate the list.
  3. Software and computing status: PF
    • Waiting for C.Hunt for final tests on Jenkins to merge noise/digits code into trunk. F.Drielsma code is now in the trunk. Now need to understand the degree of improvement coming from this.
    • PF has been running hybrid MC code on the grid with D.Maletic. While this application is specific to CR's analysis but can be generalised.
    • System paper is stalled requiring i/p from tracker (Hunt) and TOF (Wylbur).
  4. Paper status and plans: CR
    • The MICE analysis workshop will be tomorrow, we will get updates then
    • Tracker - there have been some improvements in the tracker "space point finding code" to move to a noise rejection model (rather than the pattern recognition model we had before). I now have the code in hand. Some work on MC digitisation as part of the validation; but still some significant discrepancies between MC and data.
    • TOF - new calibrations have been pushed; things look better
    • System performance paper - still waiting on tracker folks, as of last week. In general I think that everything needs significant work if we are going to pull this paper together,
    • Scattering paper - confusion about what is causing the apparent misalignment. Somehow this is a long way below the other systematic uncertainty so we should be able to move on; but seek a crisp explanation as to the cause.
    • Emittance evolution paper - rerun MC, recon, analysis chain with Francois' recon. It looks better but still has some inefficiency. Resolutions don't look that much improved. Added new class of systematic uncertainty on "performance". Mostly this is the systematic uncertainty on the model, i.e. we only know the absorber thickness with some prevision. This turns into an uncertainty in the MC. Many other minor changes. Referee's meeting on Friday pm. Outstanding issues are treated in systematic uncertainty. I think changes are very incremental now so would like to close this paper.
  5. AOB
    • Emails sent to SB regarding the referees meeting were sent via his STFC email account, which is not monitored. SB will try and make referees meeting on Friday, but, he may be teaching so perhaps will not be available.
    • We discussed whether it would be OK to hold MEMO/MIPO monthly out of phase with the EB, starting in the New Year. Those on the phone thought that this was OK. KL will poll the other MEMO/MIPO members.

Back to MEMO:

Back

Back to MIPO:

Back

Documents