PC180614

Wednesday 18th June 2014 at 15:00 RAL

Agenda

  • Release status
    • Current release = 0.8.5
      • Physics list bug fix
      • Ckov empty data bug fix
    • Targets for next release:
      • Tracker updates and fixes for new API
      • Ckov geometry
      • Ckov reducer additions for balancing
      • Global PID update (?)
      • Close Json/Cpp conversion(?) #1376
        • Cpp Maps updated in trunk
    • Wish-list for future release
      • EMR -- digitization, reconstruction
      • KL Digitization tune
      • DAQ maps to DB #1375 (needs #994)
  • Detectors
    • Detector integration (Durga Rajaram)
    • Tracker (Adam Dobbs)
      • Space-point, track-finding efficiency studies partly blocked by lack of trigger #1182
      • ACTION: merge into trunk
      • ACTION: flag low pt for downstream reconstruction
      • ACTION: ADC smearing, Cosmic data -- need to ping David Adey
    • TOF (Durga Rajaram)
      • TOF Calibration - integration with MAUS
    • EMR (Yordan Karadzhov/Francois Drielsma)
      • MC #1033
      • ACTION: Francois to push his code to lp
    • KL (Mariyan Bogomilov)
      • Validation/optimization #1411
      • ACTION: JN to make comparison plots available to help with tuning and optimization
    • RealData (Yordan Karadzhov)
      • DAQ channel maps to DB (Rajaram) #1375, blocked by #994
    • Ckov (Drews/Winter/Rajaram)
      • Finalize geometry
      • ACTION DR get Lucien's geometry into MAUS
        • Cremaldi + student have shown me what they have, to push to lp
        • in launchpad now ready to merge, waiting to hear if it's final
    • Global Recon (Jan Greis/Celeste Pidcott)
    • Tracking (Greis)
      • ACTION: JG to update work plan - add items as necessary
    • PID (Pidcott)
    • CP working on pulling KL and Ckov into PID, requires modifying the datastructure
    • Monte Carlo trigger (Ryan Bayes) #1182
      • Issue: RB reports an issue resizing recon_events in datastructure, after setting #trig events #1182
      • restructure TOF digi?
  • Infrastructure
    • Geometry/MC (Stefania Ricciardi/Ryan Bayes)
      • Ckov geometry update (Cremaldi)
      • need positions of survey nests from detector groups
      • need input on diffuser thickness
      • Speed improvements (Bayes)
    • MC Beam
      • Standing: There is a request to have G4BL decks in the CDB. JN will handle the interface code
    • GRID and Batch Production (Chris Rogers/Janusz Martyniak)
    • Code deployment (All)
    • Documentation
    • Data Structure
      • Standardize conversion from string/json to cpp #1376 (Rogers)
        • Input and Reducer remaining
  • Online
  • AOB
    • Note: At RAL
  • Step IV Readiness
  • Date of next meeting July 16 2014

International Toll-Free Dial-in numbers

  • Switzerland: 0800705351
  • UK: 08004960576
  • US: 1-866-740-1260
  • Other numbers
    Access Code: 5673390

Notes

Attendance

Ryan Bayes
Adam Dobbs
Jan Greis
Chris Heidt
Chris Rogers
Melissa Uchida

KL

Ckov

EMR

Tracker

  • Chris Heidt looking into He window placement in geometry
  • Need David Adey's input on smearing and cosmic data -- get together at CM

TOF

  • optimize/improve trigger pixel finding in MC

Global

  • JG refactoring data structure

MC

Geometry

  • Ryan Bayes reported that loading GDML directly into MAUS cuts time down to 8 minutes (from 28)
  • Caveats: unable to add some detector objects for KL and CKOV
  • Diffuser, still need input on where irises are globally, and what the thicknesses are

G4BL

Build system

Miscellaneous

180614_Software_and_Computing.ods (256.5 kB) Rajaram, Durga, 18 June 2014 15:00