PC130814

Wednesday 13th August 2014 at 15:00 RAL

Agenda

  • Release status
    • Current release = 0.9.0
    • Targets for next release:
      • TOF Calibrations by-run
      • KL Calibrations to DB
      • EMR -- digitization, reconstruction
      • DAQ maps to DB #1375 (needs #994)
  • Detectors
    • Detector integration (Durga Rajaram)
    • Tracker (Adam Dobbs)
      • Space-point, track-finding efficiency studies partly blocked by lack of trigger #1182
      • ACTION: flag low pt for downstream reconstruction
      • ACTION: ADC smearing, Cosmic data -- need input from David Adey
      • ACTION: Code review for ADC smearing, Noise -- target early September when David Adey is around
    • TOF (Durga Rajaram)
      • calibration by-run getter having CDB issues #1519
        • done, push to trunk
    • EMR (Yordan Karadzhov/Francois Drielsma)
      • MC #1033
      • ACTION: Francois to push his code to lp
      • does the "extra events" from EMR affect MC trigger formation?
    • KL (Mariyan Bogomilov)
      • STANDING: MC validation, optimization, tuning, #1411
    • RealData (Yordan Karadzhov)
      • ACTION: replace default run shipped with MAUS from 02873 -> a more recent run
      • DAQ channel maps to DB (Rajaram) #1375, blocked by #994
    • Ckov (Drews/Winter/Rajaram)
      • Finalize geometry
      • ACTION: DR get Lucien's geometry into MAUS
        • does the MiceModules code need change? Material definitions?
    • Global Recon (Jan Greis/Celeste Pidcott)
      • ACTION: Need uncertainties from detector reconstructions. Uncertainties on track points, momenta; Uncertainties on tof time. How? Also will need datastructure modifications once we understand how to get the uncertainties
    • Tracking (Greis)
    • PID (Pidcott)
    • Monte Carlo trigger (Ryan Bayes) #1182
      • ACTION: DR to look over fix build issues
      • restructure TOF digi?
  • Infrastructure
    • Geometry/MC (Stefania Ricciardi/Ryan Bayes)
      • Ckov geometry update (Cremaldi)
      • need positions of survey nests from detector groups
  • Speed improvements (Bayes)
    • see 21 July Geometry meeting
  • MC Beam
    • Standing: There is a request to have G4BL decks in the CDB. JN will handle the interface code
    • ACTION: MapPyBeamMaker gets appropriate currents for requested run -- get this code into the trunk
  • GRID and Batch Production (Chris Rogers/Janusz Martyniak)
    • #1489 grid processing on hold because of memory leak
    • Looks like CR's recent fix has fixed most of the leaks
      • some complaints from valgrind about OutputCpp
    • Memory usage ~2.5 GB
    • Try grid running again?
  • Code deployment (All)
  • Documentation
  • Data Structure
  • AOB
  • Date of next meeting August 27 2014

International Toll-Free Dial-in numbers

  • Switzerland: 0800705351
  • UK: 08004960576
  • US: 1-866-740-1260
  • Other numbers
    Access Code: 5673390

Notes

Attendance

KL

Ckov

EMR

Tracker

TOF

Global

MC

Geometry

G4BL

Build system

Infrastructure

Miscellaneous

130814_Software_and_Computing.ods - MAUS schedule (256.7 kB) Rajaram, Durga, 13 August 2014 05:36

emittance_measurement.png - Simulated Emittance Measurement without Covariance Corrections (7.1 kB) Hunt, Christopher, 13 August 2014 15:56

emittance_measurement_corrected.png - Simulated Emittance Measurement WITH Covariance Corrections (7.1 kB) Hunt, Christopher, 13 August 2014 15:57