Online Reconstruction Setup - PC 10/11/2011 - Chris Rogers¶
For the running we hope to mimic the TOF functionality that was available in G4MICE in MAUSStatus:
- Online recon in G4MICE has been observed to work and make plots.
- Unfortunately there was some problem with the DAQ so I could see no data in either DAQ monitoring or the G4MICE monitoring.
- We still need to write the (small) piece of code that pulls the relevant data from the TOF reconstruction stream
- Phone call with Durga + Yordan on Friday to discuss who does this
- We still need to install MAUS on the OnRec machines.
- We have installed on a mimic test machine of the control room machines and checked everything works okay.
- We are waiting for an OS upgrade of the relevant machines before doing the install on the OnRec machines.
- Need to collaborate with Yordan to make sure we can pull data from socket (think needs recompile of unpacking)
- Conversation with Linda => we will spend some time with beam before the main running period to make sure this works.
- Combining with target test potentially
- Requires detector experts to spend some time helping to set up the correct monitoring plots
- charge sum flash adc vs tof
- charge sum 1d flash adc histo
- hits per pixel in tof (colours plus absolute number)
- KL plots - see Mariyan talk
I will reserve the week 21-25 November to make sure that this stuff all glues together properly.