- Why is beta function reconstruction apparently not systematically different to MC?
- MC truth: particles should be the same sample as the reconstructed particles
- Detector induced error is true emittance - recon emittance
- Note statistical error that arises from beam sampling, which is not statistical error on the cooling measurement
- Statistical error on emittance change is the statistical error on sampling the scattering pdf
- In principal should pass the same beam many times through the cooling apparatus with different random seeds and look at the distribution in emittance changes