Phone Call 2015-03-26¶
Analysis phone call, 15:00 GMT, Thursday 26th March 2015. Note that UK is still on winter time... time zone helper
For those at RAL we will be in room CR10.
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine magnetic settings routine - do we imagine "equivalent coil"? Implement iron in MAUS? Run everything through OPERA?
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine standard magnetic settings for commissioning e.g. magnet currents for 420 mm beta in solenoid mode
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine standard beamline settings
- ACTION (Rogers): Xboa specification document
- In preparation - not ready for public yet
- ACTION (Rogers): Bring in Dobbs MAUS analysis framework to xboa?
- Posted to launchpad as https://code.launchpad.net/~scifianalysis/scifi/trunk, Rogers to review
- ACTION (Rogers/Rajaram/Blackmore): Official plots and publications pages
- ACTION (Rogers): Set the desired number of good muons following trigger revamp/what are the aims/scope?
- ACTION (Rogers): Redo trigger/data rate analysis with optimised beamline
- ACTION (Rogers): Redo trigger/data rate analysis with better transverse cut
- ACTION (Rogers): Check momentum spread/momentum cut effects (what happens to the beam if we make a bigger momentum spread)
- ACTION (Rogers): Look at TOF2 trigger effect on analysis (e.g. what are the consequences if we trigger downstream of the experiment on rate?
- ACTION (Rogers): Determine effect of increased dip depth in ISIS (e.g. what are the consequences if we take more particles into the experiment? does it help?)
- ACTION (Rogers): Tolerances - in light of magnet mappnig activity, formalise tolerances on magnet alignment
- ACTION (Rogers): Tolerances - controls people ask what are the tolerances on magnet current
- ACTION (Rajaram/Rogers): Investigate as a matter of urgency technical means to optimize the trigger efficiency for ‘good’ muons, and remove dataflow bottlenecks before the Step IV run.
- ACTION (Rogers): Plan and execute a blind ‘physics analysis challenge’ in order to ensure the readiness of the whole collaboration for data analysis, early in 2015.
- ACTION (Pasternak): Ensure optimization of the beamline settings in order to preserve matching at the entrance of the ionization channel and potentially increase the number of ‘good’ muons, during the Step IV run.
- ACTION (Boyd): Include a set of measurements in a configuration with large beta functions in Step IV data taking, in order to validate the muon tracking tools for trajectories with large displacements passing through nonlinear magnetic fields, and to explore the size of the cooling system apertures.
Actions following Run planning meeting¶
- ACTION (Uchida): Improve analysis of tracker alignment in context of residual fields; improve estimate of magnitude of effect, degaussing procedure, use of beam momentum to constrain the residual fields effect.
- Subsume into running agenda
- ACTION (Rogers): Arrange run planning review at the beginning of May
- ACTION (Rogers): Add contingency
- Done, version 2 of the note is available
- ACTION (Nugent): Estimate data rate with cooling channel magnets off
- ACTION (Rogers): Estimate data rate with decay solenoid on vs off (for EMR scaling); refer to e.g. April runs
- Issues Arising
- Analysis dashboard
- Physics shifts - volunteers needed!
- Field Mapping (Victoria Blackmore)
- Step IV Technical Paper
- Beamline (Jaroslaw Pasternak)
- Detectors (Melissa Uchida)
- Alignment Measurement
- Particle ID (Celeste Pidcott)
- Measurement of magnetic alignment (Chris Rogers)
- Quality of transported beam (Chris Hunt)
- Step IV First Demonstration of Cooling (Chris Rogers)
- Step I Papers (Victoria Blackmore)
- EMR paper
- Pion contamination
- MICE Demonstration of Ionisation Cooling (Jaroslaw Pasternak)
- Lattice close out by CM41; paper first revision soon afterwards
- Non-linear beam optics/measurement (Rob Ryne)
- Absorber and material physics
- Scattering measurement
- Energy loss measurement
- Batch Production (Ryan Bayes)
- X-BOA (Chris Rogers)
- Online Analysis Tool (Chris Rogers)
- Date of next meeting
- March 12th
- (March 18th, June data taking planning)
- March 26th
- (April 9th, MICE VC)
- April 16th, MICE Project Board, need to find someone else to chair
- April 30th
- (May 6th, VC)