Project

General

Profile

System Paper Update Meeting: 18th September 2018 - 3pm

Phone details:

http://mice.iit.edu/phonebridge.html (new access code)

UK Freephone: 08006948053
Caller PIN: 6783834683

Agenda (10 minutes each)

  • Viktor: TOF
  • Melissa/Chris H.: Tracker
  • Francois: EMR
  • Francois: Detector alignment
  • Scott: Energy loss
  • Scott: PID
  • Ajit, Craig: Absorber model
  • Tom: Target model
  • Joe: Field model
  • AOB

Other details

https://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/projects/analysis/wiki/System-performance-paper_2018-09-18

Contributions:

Main author(s) Contribution Text Plots Material Notes
Viktor, Scott TOF First version First version merged from https://github.com/vpec0/MICE-systems-performance-paper
Paolo Ckov Introduction no
Domizia, Ludovico, Mariyan KL yes yes merged first draft ready
Francois EMR Two sections merged from https://github.com/francois-drielsma/MICE-systems-performance-paper
Melissa, Chris H. Tracker Introduction some merged from https://www.overleaf.com/15352478jfxzzqfbzyxt#/58152572 agreed on 5 pages
Scott, Melissa PID https://github.com/swilbur/MICE-systems-performance-paper
Chris Rogers Track matching First version First version merged from https://github.com/chrisrogers1234/MICE-systems-performance-paper
Francois Detector alignment First version yes merged from https://github.com/francois-drielsma/MICE-systems-performance-paper
Ajit, Scott, Craig Absorber model Introduction https://www.overleaf.com/9921284881gfxvnbnbsxwn - https://github.com/swilbur/MICE-systems-performance-paper
Tom, Paolo Target model MICE note in progress
Chris Hunt, Joe Magnets separate paper?
Melissa Diffuser study separate paper

Attendance

  • On the phone: Chris H, Craig, Scott, Tom, Viktor
  • At RAL: Paolo, Chris R
  • Apologies: Melissa, Francois

Minutes

  • TOF:
    • Viktor to finish some editing of the text
    • Concern about the length of the calibration section: if it's too long could be a MICE note, we will think about this at the review stage
    • Paolo can help to run the calibration on several runs to check the stability of the constants
    • Maurizio to check the precision of the TDC boards
  • Tracker:
    • Melissa to provide few more text
    • The noise study (now on Tom) can be included in a second moment
    • Paolo to ask Paul K. about the tracker efficiency evolution
  • PID:
    • Scott to propose a first draft that is going to be update this week
  • Energy loss and Absorber studies
    • Scott to propose a first draft that is going to be update this week
    • Craig to provide geometries to Scott (gdml files of the absorber bit)
    • Decide during 21/9 meeting, to have the energy loss as a section of the Absorber chapter.
  • EMR:
    • Two sections completed. Waiting François to be back to finalize that
  • Detector alignment:
    • First draft from François

Next meeting:

CM52