We will meet at 4 pm UK time. For those at RAL we will be in the MICE meeting room in R1.
- Jaroslaw: look at improved optics for 140 MeV/c
- Currents distributed; to be tracked
- Ao: look at required running time to get 100k good muons
- Done; see slides
- Ao: can we get emittance change across TKU to TKD using unmatched beam
- Rogers: tidy up plots and run any new optics solutions
- Rogers: do the trims in SSU
1. Do we basically agree on the plan, i.e.:At p = 140 MeV/c
- beta = 200 mm
- beta = 400 mm
- beta = 800 mm
- beta = 800 mm (approx smallest available)
- beta ~ 1100 mm (approx smallest available)
2. Should we choose Ao's setting optimised for "unmatched beam" or "matched beam" for the beta = 200 mm setting at 140 MeV/c
Let's try not to regurgitate the point from last time...
- Ao - we should take unmatched beam data with unmatched lattice; this gives us a measure of emittance reduction across the absorber with the best performing lattice
- Jaroslaw - we should take unmatched beam data with matched lattice; this gives us an easier analysis for the higher beta function data; we can sample the lower beta function data; we can compare more easily to the solenoid data
3. Is there a better 200 MeV/c setting?
- Jaroslaw posted some new currents - to be tracked
- Ao estimated about 60 hours per cooling channel setting, assuming we take 200k good muons to allow 50 % efficiency for sampling; 80 hours per cooling setting with contingency; not including magnet alignment data.
- This is assuming we take three emittance settings per cooling channel setting
- At the moment looking at 24*5 + 16*15 i.e. about 360 hours of data taking; assuming we get some infill.
- Discussion of diffuser; start with tight focussing option in 140 MeV/c to deal with diffuser issue?
- Long discussion about how well matched we are. No agreement between Ao and Rogers; some plots uploaded
- Discussion of whether we can do the analysis purely by beam sampling (and not changing magnet settings)
- Chris R and Jaroslaw: we need to optimise the magnet currents for best transmission and cooling for a given focus at absorber
- Ao: we set up one magnet current and then sit there; sample to get different focus at the absorber
- Discussion of the proposed run plan; Jaroslaw agreed broadly with scheme, with 240 MeV/c setting as lowest priority and maybe 140 MeV/c 450 mm setting as highest priority; Ao had to leave so did not comment