Project

General

Profile

Meeting 19 Oct 2012

Added by Tunnell, Christopher over 6 years ago

Agenda
1. minutes of previous meeting and actions
2. review of input to MPB
3. review resource loaded schedule (Mark Palmer) with the aim of
-- identify missing resources as things are. e.g. a leading Magnet expert responsible for the US magnets
-- identify places where additional resources could help the schedule
-- identify possible options to improve schedule
4. Operations: what is missing (Linda, Andy)
5. Editorial board issues
6. future collaboration meetings
7. speakers board issues
8. AOB
end 16:00


Comments

Added by Tunnell, Christopher over 6 years ago

Present:

  • Alain Blondel
  • Christopher Tunnell
  • Dan Kaplan
  • Alan Bross
  • Vittorio Palladino
  • Maurizio Bonesini
  • Andy Nichols
  • Mark Palmer
  • John Cobb
  • Yagmur Torun
  • Linda Coney
  • David Colling

Review input to MPB

MPB agenda approved with changes:

  • Bross to give "Overview and Context".
  • Steve Gourlay will probably call in
  • Nichols should speak before Long and Palmer; should confirm schedule changes to allow for phone attendants

Charge to MICE Project board:

  • Response to Steve Gourlay's response to MPB were input directly into draft on Blondel's computer. Add sentence from proposal of "the magnets have been designed to allow exploration of momenta as high as 240 MeV/c". Language also changed to clarify where, when, and how many windings will occur.
  • Response to Andy's response. The minimum number of shifters has to be determined. There being an ISIS crew should be noted. For steady running, a super MOM and 2-3 other shifters. Funding for these operations posts is not yet identified.
  • Major risk is manpower. C&M overloaded. What is risk to C&M associated with Darebury staff reductions? The online group needs some effort; where are the 3 new postdocs and 4 grad student going?

Comments on Alain's talk to MPB:

  • How do we display the project plan to the MPB?

Jobs missing people to fill them:

  • 1 C&M
  • 3 Operations

ACTION: Identify unfilled jobs for FAC
ACTION: Blondel to talk to Kuno about Japanese involvement in Step 4

Review resource loaded schedule

identify missing resources as things are. e.g. a leading Magnet expert responsible for the US magnets

  • To investigate

identify places where additional resources could help the schedule

  • CERN help with CC
  • Ken Long and Palmer have identified places in schedule where additional resources help

identify possible options to improve schedule

  • Would the use of the MTA CC save six months of the schedule? Delivery schedules need to prevent excessive installation overlaps that introduce delays.
  • next 6 year 'feasibility' MAP funding, need results/money on this timescale

Editorial board issues

  • Emittance paper in pipeline
  • Editorial board meeting soon
  • "PID paper" - waiting on CKOV results, draft -1 in next few weeks? KL data good

Future CM

  • 12-16 Feb. 2013, 3 days is enough for base. People can have pre-meetings. Check if MAP Feb review overlaps and will take up a lot of MAP people time while they prep. Most likely RAL.
  • June-July 2013 - RAL? IIT?
  • October 14-17 2013 - Roma Tre
  • (Snowmass July 29 - Aug 10)
  • Put CM right before UK-PASI and IDSNF in April?

ACTION: Palmer to notify EB of dates of Feb review when known to avoid conflicts as much as possible
ACTION: Torun to propose dates to collaboration board: hosting at IIT in June-July, moving February to March 31 - April 2nd to chain meetings, Rome stays the same

Speakers board issues

ACTION: Palladino to make list of posters for IPAC 2013

  • IPAC 2013
  • Tim Carlisle's work on MS models
  • Step 4 physics
  • Step 6 physics
  • Commissioning of focus coil
  • Emittance paper contents

AOB

None.